|Graphic from Visual.ly comes to us via Chevy Dealers Edmond and explores |
“Which Social Sites Get The Most Attention?”.
It's true, Pinterest is taking our social media universe by storm. People, especially its dominating female membership, can't get enough. And what do I always say about organizations and social media? GO WHERE THE PEOPLE ARE.
So, how can our organizations turn Pinterest into a benefit? By subscribing, to start with. Unfortunately, Pinterest does not have different accounts for businesses and individuals at this time, but don't let that deter us from creating an account.
Once we have our account, we need to create boards. What kind of boards should we create? Here are some ideas:
- Who We Are - Pictures of our building, staff, landscaping, favorite recipes, employee of the month, etc.
- Events - A board for each relevant event we attend, present, exhibit, host, etc.
- Products - All of our products!
- Services - Pictures revealing our services.
- Sponsors - Logos of sponsors
- Stories - Nothing makes us more personable than stories. Tell our organizations's story through pictures.
- Testimonials - Let the words of the people whose lives we have touched build our awareness.
Be creative and think outside the box. What types of things do you pin? Those are probably the types of things our followers will pin.
REMEMBER: Always have pins link back to a web page, whether it's the About Us section of our web site, sponsors web sites, service pages, etc. The link needs to be relevant and continue the pique of interest.
Now, get pinning!