Thursday, February 18, 2010

What do YOU want to know?

I recently did an interview on social media with Chris Baylor of NBC affiliate WEAU TV-13 in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. Chris did an excellent job of taking over an hour's worth of interview material with me alone, integrating it with other social media information and interviews, and creating a story.

What I found most interesting is that while Chris and I were doing the interview, he was asking me, "What do people want to know about social media?", "What are they most interested in?", "What are the biggest concerns people have?" "What do you stress in your presentations?"

To be honest, each presentation/workshop/training session I do is different because the audience comes with different levels of experience and expectations. My speaking philosophy is very parochial in that I start from the basics so there is a good foundation to build upon.

Now, what I want to know from you is, what do YOU want to know? What questions do you have about social media? What are you not getting answered? Where are the gaps? What are your patrons, clients, staff, executives, etc. asking you?

Check out the TV-13 segment that aired February 17: http://www.weau.com/home/headlines/84633272.html

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laurie. We have a middle-sized library system serving a county of 240,000 people with nine branches and a bookmobile. Our Facebook page now has more than 1,000 fans. I'm interested in learning more about the best ways we can spread a message using Facebook or Twitter. What is the best way to get our fans to share something about the library with their circle of Facebook friends? I'd like to enlarge our social network beyond just the people who are in our primary link and move it into secondary and tertiary connections in the community.
    Jeff Brody
    Kitsap Regional Library
    Bremerton, WA

    ReplyDelete