Teaching workshops requires me to shift gears. It is easy for me to get caught up in social media lingo and technicalities, but when teaching a workshop, I have to look at social media from its most basic points. What is it that people really want to know? What do they really care about? I have been blessed to have exceptionally engaged audiences who ask a lot of questions and this is what I found out people want to know about social media:
- What is it? Not some technical wordy definition. What is it really?
- Why should I care about social media and how does it affect me?
- How EXACTLY to I set up an account the best way?
- How can I protect my privacy?
- How can I best talk to my kids about privacy?
- Which are the best for personal and the best for business?
- How could I use social media in my small business?
- What is next?
Some of my workshop presentations are available on SlideShare at http://www.slideshare.net/LaurieBoettcher/presentations.