Also, follow these simple guidelines:
• Never write something you wouldn't want your mother, pastor, best friend, or employer to see or read.
• Do not bad mouth your employer or employees. It is unprofessional and could cost you your job.
• Make sure you know and are comfortable with your privacy settings.
• Do not feel obligated to accept everyone as a friend, connection, or other. Share information with who YOU want to share.
• Remember that you have control of your online identity. It is a reflection of who you are personally and professionally. What are you portraying?