But, do they know? Do our patrons REALLY know all of what we have to offer?
With some of our rural libraries having a budget of less than $50,000 (and that includes the director's salary), how do we effectively get the word out so our patrons and communities can take advantage of these programs?
- Create (or have IFLS create) exciting posters to distribute around the community.
- Save a promo as the wallpaper on library computers.
- Post it on your web site.
- Announce it on your Facebook Fan Page.
- Have a library staff member make an announcement at the beginning of book clubs and other library events.
- Send out a tweet.
- Speak at local civic groups.
- Get involved in your local Chamber.
- Coordinate with a local school or college to make a promotion available as an extra credit or service learning project.
- Inspire the Friends Group to get out the word.